Alternative contact
please report any errors or faults to this email address
Copyright John Rogers ©2012
December 2012

Josh has finished his Radiotherapy treatment, he has to have a brain scan in March, his consultant won't give go ahead for him to travel until after that. He's had a difficult 6 weeks and deserves the very best holiday possible. Thank you for all of the support that Josh has been given, it is very much appreciated.

Special thanks to Paul Weller who performed Wild Wood and signed 2 guitars to auction off in aid of Josh.
11th March 2013

Josh has had his scan to see if treatment has been successful, it wasn't quite the result we hoped for. The scan is showing a build up of fluids in a sac in place of the tumour, doctors are unsure what it is and Josh has to wait approx. another 4 months for a second scan. Josh's hair has started to grow back and he is now off his anti sickness tablets. He is attending school when he feels up to it and is still suffering from headaches. Awaiting further scan in September

Thursday 12th September 2013

Josh had a scan today and although fluid sac is still present he is clear
Monday 9th January 2017

Progress report on Josh, he has finished his treatment again he is now having regular checkups and MRI,his outlook is iffy because it's not if it comes back but when, there is no more treatment for him just operation after Operation , if there's a clinical trial that will work with his type of tumour he can have it but that's doubtful, he will in the future start to have migraines,fits and mini strokes all caused by the treatment, his temper is a issue again but as we have been told since he was 5yr old he has gone through so much and is still ,people think he's ok because he looks so well ,these are the facts and to top it all he lost his beloved pet trixie what else can he go through just updating everybody x

Friday 7th October 2016

Josh has his operation to remove the new tumour today, radio therapy will start in a few weeks. Biopsy revealed the tumour to be an aggressive grade 3 anaplastic ependymoma.

Friday 2nd September 2016

Not the update we were hoping to be posting.

Josh had his check up today at Newcastle RVI, it showed  a return of his tumour. Further discussions and meetings are needed to decide on the next course of action.

Friday 9th September 2016

Josh has been for another mri scan today to check if the cancer has spread anywhere else.